Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shadi ka Ladoo...Part 1

When you are fully aware that your knowledge competencies would not support any meaningful dialogue that would further increase the present intellect level of human race, then you start blabbering on this topic ,given your qualification that you have jumped over 'the fence'.
Of the many choices life offers, the most scary is obviously to/not to eat this so called 'shadi ka Laddu'. Having successfully avoided many marriage ceremonies and match making instincts of friendly neighbourhoods and innumerable 'close' relatives ,who sprang out of nowhere only because you had a decent job, I finally ran out luck and of places to hide. Before I could blink, I was asked to open up my mouth, eat the laddu and close it back (for the rest of the life;-)).
However, being an iternal optimist, I am a firm believer in the saying that 'Bander kabhi gulaati maarna nahi chodta'. At this moment I should mention about my perfectly functional 'tracker' that successfully locks on eligible target anywhere, be it the food court of my office campus/ or a car passing at 100 Km/hr in the opposite lane.This tracker triggers a reflex reaction in my body that generates achain of commands which compells my neck to behave like a sunflower(or more like a heat seeking missile).
The first casualty on the 'other side' was this tracker. I now find that the peripheral vision is gone now.The only direction I can look is 12 O Clock (Experienced people would understand this direction;-)). All the time, my concious mind passes some timely alerts simlar to this famous line from a not-so famous reality show...'Big Boss is watching you....sssSSSSS'.
The second casualty are the front disc brakes of my bike. They are rusting as they are rarely used now:-). The lists is innumerable, if only I had the courage to list them all.
I envy the sambi`s and Sriram`s of this world who avoid this laddu citing their allegance to the teachings of Swami Vivekanand (Or is it Osho?).
..............................To be continued;-)

3 comments:

  1. Well...wat cld i say then bt sympathise(@#$%&*#)wd u coz i guess i went through a similar phase:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I do not owe any allegiance to any Swamis of the world. :P

    Also, the heat seeking missile is built-in and nothing you do can stop/defuse it. You might only get a sprain in your neck if you try to fight the urge :)

    I also agree with the first para. The license that all married people get to start convincing happy bachelors to get married should be revoked, I say :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I leave that to a very capable person...your mom;-)

    ReplyDelete